12+ Brilliant Things Hotels Have Done to WOW Guests
I’ve spent hundreds of nights in hotels over the last few years and know exactly what to expect during each stay. However, there are hotels in the world that have found fun ways to amaze their guests: some rent goldfish so you don’t have to be alone, some of them have amazingly designed showers, and even let you know they’ve cleaned spots most wouldn’t even think of.
We’ve collected more than a dozen brilliant things hotels have done that are so cool and unusual that their guests decided to share what they saw with other people.
1. “At my hotel you don’t need to go into the shower to turn it on.”
2. “My hotel room has a rope that turns on and off all the lights in the room.”
3. “The hotel I stayed at had fresh remotes.”
4. “My hotel has a free cellphone you can take with you around town during your stay.”
5. “What are you gonna say now, 5-star hotels?”
6. This hotel checklist reminds you to steal the toiletries.
7. “The bedside lamp at my hotel in Japan can be half-lit.”
8. “The hotel I’m staying at in Brazil has a remote that comes with an immediate soccer-watching button.”
9. “The TV in our hotel room has easily accessible HDMI and USB sockets.”
10. “This little sign under the bed in my hotel room lets you know that they’ve cleaned under there too.”
11. “The hotel I’m staying at has a separate towel to take off makeup.”
12. “This robot delivered a roll of toilet paper to my hotel room in Cupertino.”
13. “I found a Stargate in my hotel.”
14. “This hotel has an elevator button in the hallway so there is an elevator waiting for you by time you get there.”
15. “My hotel in Zürich provides rubber duckies along with tiny shampoos.”
16. This hotel in Europe offers to rent a pet fish to single travelers.
Have you been wowed by something you saw at a hotel?? Share your stories in the comment section below!
3 Steps to Amazing Customer Service, Better Reviews, and Better Results
SCHEDULE A CALL
When you’re not seeing the results and success you want in your business, it’s time to talk to a travel trade marketing expert.
GET A PLAN
During your call, tell us about your vision. Before you hang up, you’ll have the outline to a plan that will lead you to your goals.
WIN MORE FANS
Start welcoming more visitors, generating more leads, improve your reviews and building stronger relationships with your customers.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR…
Stephen Ekstrom is a tourism marketing and consulting pro whose influence reaches over 500,000,000 travelers every year. He's been profiled by the New York Times and appeared on CBS, NBC and NY1. He is a respected leader within the travel trade and has served as a board member, expert panelist, committee chair, mentor, creative problem solver and program facilitator.
Fire Starter Brands, founded by Ekstrom in 2010, has cultivated a network that includes more than 21,000 opted-in domestic and international travel trade buyers, advising, teaching and assisting smart travel industry suppliers and destination marketers. Stephen currently lives in South Florida with his two dogs, Match & Rudy.